Monday, March 17, 2014

Author that influenced my works and the photographs of my writing spaces.

The author whom influenced my works is Jared Lopatin. Jared is a high school teacher at my school "Lexington School for the deaf" he teaches science but he is also an excellent author. He is very smart with horoscopes while I'm a dummy on it. He influenced me to write creatively because I loved English and he showed me his creative ways in writing system of his. He is not deaf but he has a M.A degree in deaf education from Hunter College. He is also a director and directed few plays at my alma matter. Jared has written four books three of them related to horoscopes while the fourth one is about deafness. I have read his books and was floored how expertly he knows about it. Blending the difficult concept in a book is really challenging but he pulled it off. When I read it I got the spark of inspiration to write creative ways. I write a parody paper called "USA Yesterday" and he was floored too. He loved the puns and how creative I was. For example a cabinet meeting is taking place in a oversized cabinet in a K-Mart. You might think a cabinet meeting meaning a staff meeting but I take it to a whole other level. I play with multiple definitions and putting hilarious remarks and playing with the standard quotes. Another one is the infamous "don't touch my hair!" while I play with it saying "don't touch my wig!". The point is that I love puns and he love to write puns too. He is a very masterful person and I admire his hard working and motivation to teach.



My writing spaces photographs:

LaGuardia CC Library
(credit: lagcc.cuny.edu)

My computer at home. (credit: me)



No comments:

Post a Comment