Sunday, June 1, 2014

Poem revision/reflection

Here is the poem revision

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-DFPvK16Ur8QW5fZ1R0c3gtNzQ/edit?usp=sharing

I find it interesting that I'm not a poet nor a lover of poetry. People told me that my poem is perfect little flaws there. One person told me it was more of a map than a poem. I love Midtown but the problem is that there are too many things occurring in Midtown and how can I cram in there. It is like in a supermarket you cannot cram all of the products in one roof right? You have to kick out some products to make room for new stuff. The tricky part is how to make the poem sounds new and modern than using boring same old grind like slower than a turtle. Needs to wake up and perk up the poem itself. When I read a poem sometimes I get bored and not bothering read it. But sometimes the author tricks the reader thinking it a story but it actually a poem. For example Maya Angelou wrote many poems and it is inspiring to read those. Touchy and poems have to be adjusted for the right audience.  Sometimes audience can vary in English skills and the poets have to match the levels. My poem is pretty good English but if I was telling along to the younger audience I have to change the level of the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment